All who are Nursery Attendants (or who assist with youth) need to have 2 security clearances/background checks.
Please complete each and submit a copy of the clearance to the church office. You are welcome to keep a copy for your own records as well. Details are below for each application. If you have any questions, please contact Katy (email@example.com or 717-334-2012 x 201). Or if you noticed a discrepancy in the directions because of an update to the website. (directions posted 2/23/2018)
- Check the box after reading the acknowledgement statements and click the “Accept” button.
- Enter your information.
- For the Volunteer Organization Name, enter St James Lutheran Church (do not put a period after St; it cannot accept punctuation).
- For the Volunteer Organization Phone Number, enter 717-334-2012.
- Confirm your information and click the “Proceed” button.
- Print the certificate that is generated. It will have a PA Keystone logo as a watermark. Turn the certificate into the church office.
- Click “Create Individual Account.” Create a user profile, and then use the temporary password that they email to you. The “Keystone ID” is a user name that you create. Write down your user name/Keystone ID and password, as you will need it to retrieve your clearance.
- Sign-in and click through the agreement notices.
- On the screen that says “My PA Child Abuse History Clearances,” click “Create Clearance Application” button.
- For the Application Purpose, select “Volunteer” (first option).
- Under Category, select “Other.”
- Under Agency Name, enter St. James Lutheran Church.
- Fill out all of the information; you will need to provide:
- your current contact information
- former names or alias
- all addresses where you have previously resided
- all of the people you currently and previously have lived with, as well as their relation to you. (If they were a roommate, list them as “other.”)
- For the Application Payment, select No (the church has not given you a code); your fee will be waived because you previously selected Volunteer as your application purpose. If you are prompted to make payment save your application and go back and check the “Volunteer” button.
- Upon completion, if you selected to have the certificate sent via email, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opted to mail it to your home, please provide a copy to the church office.
It takes a number of days for the results of the Child Abuse Check to be completed. If you do not receive it within a week, please log-in to your account and check the status of your clearance.
Thank you for volunteering as a Nursery Attendant!!