The worship service will entail confession, reading, sermon, communion, and music, though there will be no congregational singing.
We ask that you bring your own:
- masks (must be worn at all times)
- communion elements (yes, bring your own bread and wine/grape juice for your family)
- bulletin & pen
- chair or blanket for sitting on, though benches will be available
Address for Camp Nawakwa:
1033 Nawakwa Rd, Biglerville, PA 17307
The Upper Camp is on the opposite side of the road from the main camp. You will drive through the trees and up the hill. Parking is available at the top of the hill.
In the event of rain, you will receive an email notifying you of cancellation by 7:30am on Sunday. If you do not receive an email, the outdoor worship will take place as scheduled.
We will have benches set-up under the pavilion, and will also have benches set-up in the shade of the adjacent treeline. All benches are physically distant, but you are welcome to bring your own chairs if you wish.
If you prefer to continue worshiping from home, we will have a recorded worship service available every Saturday evening on our YouTube Channel.
Items that we ask that you do not bring:
- picnic baskets or more wine than you consume at communion
- coughs or fevers; please stay home if you are not feeling well
Precautions that we are implementing:
- 14×14 foot squares will be marked out; your household will be assigned a square.
- Offering plates will not be passed; a bucket will be available for you to drop your offering in.
- Print the bulletin ahead of time. There will be a section for you to complete and turn in for attendance purposes (hence, bring your own pen, or complete it ahead of time).
- If rain is in the forecast, the outdoor worship service will be canceled; you will be notified via the eBlast and Facebook.
Bathrooms are available for emergencies.
At St. James, all are welcome, and this holds true at our outdoor worship. If you invite friends to attend, please be sure to share with them all of this information so that they may prepare for worship.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of the pastors. These plans have been reviewed by Council and the COVID Taskforce Committee.